They also have some great workout tips on their website - http://www.sanefit.com/
We have a Sane Fitness Preggers kit for you to win. To enter please leave a comment telling me who you would like to give this to and why (or if you would like to keep it for yourself!) For extra entries please 1) Post about this contest on your blog 2) Follow our blog 3) Subscribe to our feed 4) Follow us on Twitter (bitsfromabrit) and Tweet about this contest 5) Put our button on your sidebar (send me your HTML and I will add yours too!)
About SANE FITNESSTM QuickStart Deck: Portable Fitness Trainer
The SANE FITNESS QuickStart Deck is the perfect portable fitness trainer. Take it with you on those business trips and revive yourself. The deck features six week’s worth of full body workouts on easy-to-follow portable cards. Each week the SANE FITNESS QuickStart Deck offers a different combination of weight training and stretching exercises to increase one’s fitness level. When on-the-go, users can take one week’s worth of workouts with them to help them stay on track with their fitness routine. The SANE FITNESS QuickStart Deck also includes a cardio plan outlining 20 minutes of cardio before your weight lifting. SANE FITNESS makes it easy to take less than one hour out of your day to get a great workout each and every time. Beverley Caen has developed a three-part plan for success while traveling by incorporating the SANE FITNESS workout into your busy schedule.
About SANE FITNESS Preggers
SANE FITNESS Preggers was not invented by a fitness guru who preaches endless hours in the gym and a diet consisting of no sugar, no carbohydrates and basically…no fun! Instead SANE FITNESS Preggers was invented by a wife, mother and business woman for women just like her, who never seem to have enough hours in the day. Beverley Caen is the perfect example of an overextended working mother and wife who has found a way to make fitness and healthy eating a part of her everyday life; especially when pregnant. With a little help from prenatally certified fitness expert John Cruz, this Wall Street career woman and mother of three has developed an exercise program that is safe and easy to follow, for pregnant women that want to continue exercising throughout their pregnancy. Once you are given the ok by your own obstetrician to exercise, Preggers is a complete program that begins in your 2nd trimester-- the stage in your pregnancy when your body starts to really change.
Enter this great contest here
To celebrate Sleep Awareness in March, SLEEP NUMBER® is offering you the chance to win a Queen SLEEP NUMBER® c3 mattress and foundation valued at $1,298.99. This is the perfect bed to fit your body’s needs because each side can be adjusted to the exact level of comfort, support and firmness you want at the touch of a button. In a recent sleep study conducted at Massachusetts General Hospital by Harvard researchers, the majority of participants reported fewer back and neck aches as well as a significant decrease in soreness, stiffness and pain when they switched to a different bed. The bed participants switched to was a SLEEP NUMBER® bed. Prize includes a Queen SLEEP NUMBER® c3 mattress and foundation and UPS delivery. Contest ends April 2, 2009.
Pork Rind Wings
* 3 cups Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds
* 2 large eggs
* 4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
* 12 chicken wings, cut in half at joints, wing tips discarded
Preheat the oven to 400° degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the pork rinds in a heavy plastic bag and seal. Roll with a rolling pin until the rinds become coarse crumbs. (Don’t crush them too finely.)
Lightly beat the eggs into the melted butter. Place the crushed pork rinds on a plate. Dip the wings into the egg–butter mixture and let the excess drip off. Roll the wings in the crushed pork rinds, pressing lightly to help them adhere to the meat.
Place the wings on the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until done. Serve warm. Try this recipe with Rudolph’s Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds or Bar-B-Que Pork Rinds for an added kick!
Yield: 24 pieces.
3/8 lb Southern Recipe pork rinds/chicharrones
2 green tomatoes, peeled
1 chopped tomato
¼ onion, diced
3 bunches cilantro, chopped
½ cup crumbled Oaxaca cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a small amount of oil. Fry onions and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add chicharrones and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Heat tortillas and fill with chicharrones and cheese. Fold and lightly fry in oil. Drain.
Serve with 2 small avocados, Serrano peppers, to taste, and ¼ cup sour cream.
Cracklin’ Corn Bread
* ¼ cup all-purpose flour
* 1½ cup yellow or white cornmeal
* ½ tsp. baking soda
* ¼ tsp. salt
* 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
* 1 cup Southern Recipe cracklins (crumbled)
* 1 beaten egg, room temperature
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, sour milk or buttermilk. Stir in the cracklins and the egg. Blend thoroughly.
Pour batter into a medium–size baking pan (8½ by 4½ inches), greased if not using a nonstick pan. With a rubber spatula, smooth the surface.
Bake 30 minutes, until it is well–browned. (Reduce oven by 25 degrees if using a glass pan.)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
NOTE: Cracklin’ Cornbread is best eaten warm. It can be frozen successfully but should be reheated in a 300° oven for 15 minutes before serving.
Still want to shop but can’t afford it?
Visit www.RudolphFoods.com for more great recipes!
Visit www.RudolphFoods.com for more great recipes!
According to fashion stylist Colin Megaro, shop your own closet to reinvent old pieces and stay fresh for each season!! Instead of spending money on new clothes, invest in a personal closet consultation with a professional stylist. Colin Megaro’s “Wardrobe Renovation and Closet Inventory” service (NY and LA, price upon request) gives you hands-on support and advice to make old items new and make what you’ve got work for any season and trend.
Here are a few of Colin’s tips to make the most out of what you’ve got in your closet and spend as little as possible:
1. Clean out the closet. Take the time to remove every item out and go through each one. Make piles of clothing that you never wear, clothing that no longer fits and clothing that is still worn. Take the pieces that you don’t wear to your favorite charity and donate them. The closet will be less cluttered and you’re helping those less fortunate. If all else fails, remember it’s a great tax deduction.
2. Items that no longer fit properly: If they are too small, donate them along with the items you are no longer wearing. If they are overly big, slightly short or even out of style, take them to the tailor. Pant hems can be let down; shirts can be shorted and even made short-sleeved; skirts can be reworked into the newest styles. Tailoring items can give you the current styles at a fraction of the store cost.
3. Finally, let’s face it, most of us love the thrill of shopping. If there are items that you need to purchase, be smart and strategic about it. Everything is on sale now so look for the best deals you can get. Pick a few must-have items and let yourself have them. You’ll feel great after scoring a deal. If you are heading out to do a bit of shopping take yourself to H&M, Zara, Macys, Century 21, and even TJ Maxx. At the end of the day style is not about a label. It is about feeling great about what you are wearing! We have just started potty training Alex and many think she is still too young, she will be 2 in two weeks. She has already shown interest in going potty and has been going occasionally, and asking to go, for a good few months now. We had a girls shopping trip this weekend and she picked out her first few pairs of Big Girl underwear. Yesterday was the first day wearing them and she did really good in the morning, only one accident, and two accidents in the afternoon.
I found this Johnson's article on Potty Training and I will be using some of the tips: http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/article.do?id=46&CMP=EMC-LFTDA
We will keep you updated on her progress and any useful tips we find along the way! Please feel free to leave comments with any tips you have found, the more help the better!
(This is not Alex pictured above, but I think the picture is so cute!)
New Pictures of my "Baby"
See Kai Run (our favorite shoes for Alex) have a great sale on right now.
Click here to view the sale items.Dina
Carrabbas - glass648 & Kari
Rocky Mountain Chipsters - Kara, Staci & Lissa
Cinzia Designs - Heather
Booty Butter - Crystal